I mentioned in one of my recent recipes that I have busy times ahead with a move on the horizon. Well, it’s come much closer in the last couple of days.
As it is, I’m sitting in my soon-to-be old place among mostly disassembled furniture – but I haven’t stopped developing recipes. I want to keep going as long as possible and to share pictures of this new creation with you. I feel the creative spirit to create something new for all of you, in spite of the busy times – or just because of them? Stress makes me long for something sweet, some soul food (maybe you are before on a move, too?)
Today I have a wonderfully decadent recipe for a “Chocolate Mousse Cake”. A recipe so rich, creamy, and indulgent but made by just good nutritious ingredients for you. Certainly, it’s both vegan and gluten-free. The cake consists of a baked bottom layer made from gluten-free flours, peanut butter, raw cocoa, maple, and plant-based chocolate milk. It is topped with a Chocolate Mousse layer, which is based on avocados and raw cocoa. Avocados are high in potassium, vitamins and full of healthy fats and fiber – and they are simply a great vegan ingredient in creamy sweet dishes.
That’s it already. I garnished the Chocolate Mousse Cake with fresh berries and mint – and especially for you, my friends, a praline heart! Enjoy it!
- 1.5 cups (190 g) Teff flour
- 1 cup (130 g) brown rice flour
- 3 Tbs coconut oil
- 2 Tbs raw Cocoa
- 2 Tbs peanut butter (just peanuts, no sugar added)
- 2 tsp aluminium-free baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 3 cups (720 ml) plant-based chocolate milk
- 3 ripe avocados
- ¼ (60 ml) coconut oil
- 3 Tbs peanut butter
- 4 Tbs raw cacoa
- 3 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 cup (240 ml) plant-based chocolate milk
- vegan pralines
- Preheat oven to 390°F (200°C) and prepare a baking dish (approx. 11 x 8 inches) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all dough ingredients and carefully mix until you get a sticky dough.
- Transfer to the baking dish and bake for about 25 minutes. Check if the dough is done. If not, add a couple of extra minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Store in the fridge.
- When the baked dough has cooled, spread the mousse on top. Garnish with pralines, berries, and mint.