With fall getting closer and closer, it’s time for a nice comforting Easy Vegan Apple Cake. Fresh apples combine their flavors with those of the raisins and cinnamon in perfect fall style. Perfectly enjoyed slightly warm.
This weekend it was finally over. A three weeks long spell of rainy weather. Oh, don’t worry, it wasn’t pouring down all the time – conveniently only when I had to be outside. OK, I might exaggerate a little. Still, even though I carefully planned my trips with the help of mobile rain radar and alert apps, I seemed to always hit the jackpot. Well, maybe I should have entered the lottery…
But anyway, it was over and it was possible to enjoy beautiful fall sunshine. Spending the afternoons outside, taking one or two strolls and bike tours through the area was simply amazing. Coming home one of these afternoons, I felt the irresistible craving for a comforting warm, sweet, and fresh treat. What is better than an Easy Vegan Apple Cake fresh from the oven in that case?
How to make an easy Vegan Apple Cake?
I was lucky that I had bought a larger supply of fresh apples from one of the local farmers during the day before’s tour through the greens outside the city. I quickly decided that the Apple Cake should be a filled cake and searched for other ingredients: raisins, cinnamon, apple juice, and coconut blossom sugar. To make the apple filling, I seeded and diced the apples, and brought all to a boil in a sauce pan. Cooking the mix on medium to low heat for a couple of minutes makes the apples soft and the liquid thicken. Time to get started on the cake’s batter.
It’s a straightforward mix of gluten-free flour, coconut oil, plant-based milk, and coconut blossom sugar. I split the batter in two and first put down a bottom layer in the baking dish onto which I spread the apple filling. Finish off with the remaining batter on the top and bake the cake for 18-20 minutes. It turns out beautifully cross in top and rich and juicy in the inside. It’s really the perfect Easy Vegan Apple Cake that everyone will love to enjoy in fall.
With fall getting closer and closer, it's time for a nice comforting Easy Vegan Apple Cake. Fresh apples combine their flavors with those of the raisins and cinnamon in perfect fall style. Perfectly enjoyed slightly warm.
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 4 apples
- 3/4 cup (100 g) raisins
- 1 cup (240 ml) all natural apple juice
- 4 Tbs coconut blossom sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups (250 g) gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) coconut oil melted + more for greasing the baking dish
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp aluminium-free baking powder
- 1 cup (240 ml) plant-based milk (almond, oat)
- 1/2 cup (100 g) coconut blossom sugar
- 1 Tbs organic vanilla
- Seed the apples and cut them into thumb-size bits.
- Add the apple bits and remaining ingredients to a saucepan, mix and cook on medium to low heat for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally. The apples should soften but the mix should thicken. Set aside when done
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Grease a baking dish (approx. 10 x 7 inches) with the extra coconut oil. Take about half of the batter and spread it evenly in the baking dish.
- Add the apple filling. Push a carefully down into the batter. Leave a little bit of space at the sides.
- Spread the rest of the batter on top and to the sides.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. The top should be done, the inner part can be a bit juicy.
The Easy Vegan Apple Cake Elsewhere
- Win-Win Food – 100 Best Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes – October 7, 2015