Today I have an Easy Vegan Carrot Soup recipe for you. Easy because this vegetable soup takes only three steps to make from only 5 ingredients. Roasted carrots and white beans are the not so secret basis of this carrot soup recipe that is not only vegan but also gluten free. A healthy soup from natural ingredients.
I think I might have mentioned this before but it doesn’t harm repeating: I’m a fan of homemade soups. Soups that are easy to make and still full of natural flavor, healthy and vegan. One should never underestimate the power of such a soup with the right ingredients: being warming and comforting when it’s cold goes hand in hand with boosting your energy levels or helping you heal and recover from illness. Soups are truly versatile all-rounders.
My aim was to create another one of this kind. A Vegan Carrot Soup full of healthy nutrients, easy to prepare, and with a lot of flavor. I also wanted to give the soup a creamy texture while being oil-free at the same time.
Health benefits of the Easy Vegan Carrot Soup
Needless to say, carrots are one of the most awesome vegetables with a lot of health benefits. They are no short-term wonder but, as you can read in this fine article 6 Surprising Health Benefits to Eating Your Carrots from Reader’s Digest, it’s more the long-term effects that make them amazing: lower cholesterol, reduced cancer risk, better vision and memory, and increased bone strength. So it seems to be important to collect your regular dose of carrots to reap all those benefits. And my Easy Vegan Carrot Soup is here to help you do exactly that.
But it’s not only carrots. As I told you before, I wanted this to be a creamy soup without oil or cream. This is why I went with white beans instead to give the soup the right texture. White beans are actually very healthy on their own (just ask the people over at ShareCare) so in combination with the carrots, this is a double health bomb.
To make the Easy Vegan Carrot Soup you don’t have to do much. You start with peeling and chopping the carrots. I decided to first roast these carrots bits in the oven after sprinkling a little bit of maple syrup over them. That takes some 35 minutes or so, depending on how thick the carrots are.
After letting them cool a bit, transfer them to a blender, add white beans, organic vegetable broth and process. Reheat and season with curry, pepper, and turmeric to you taste. And you are good to go to enjoy a healthy Easy Vegan Carrot Soup.
- 2 lbs (1 kg) carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- splash maple syrup (for roasting the carrots)
- 1 14 oz (400 g) can white beans
- 1 14 oz (400 ml) can coconut milk
- 1½ cups (360 ml) organic vegetable broth
- pinch curry and pepper to taste.
- pinch turmeric (optional)
- Preheat oven to 390°F/200°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the carrots and cut them coarsely into pieces. Mix them with the splash of maple syrup. Bake for around 35 minutes. Let cool a bit.
- Transfer carrots to a blender and add the remaining ingredients. Process until smooth. Reheat in a sauce pan. Season with curry, pepper, and turmeric to taste.