OK, people, hands up: Who of you also resorts to pasta recipes when time is short and appetite is running high? I certainly do. And with the recent days and week having been fairly hectic for me, I’m super excited that I still found the time to create a new pasta dish rather than going for the usual suspects.
Quick and easy, that’s the deal. Of course, tasty and healthy, too, but that doesn’t need to be mentioned, does it? Anyway, this one really does not require much: all it is about is cooking the pasta (easy – check), chopping and roasting some veggies (healthy – check), and making the “roasted garlic tahini sauce” (tasty – check).
In principle, one could use any vegetables. You might want to use seasonal ones, or your favorite ones. It doesn’t really matter. I went for bell pepper, zucchini, and eggplant, chopped all of them into small cubes, and roasted them in a pan with a drop of olive oil, and carefully seasoned with salt and pepper.
The main source of extra flavor comes from the sauce. You know by now that I’m pretty fond of tahini and I think it also makes for a great addition here. A couple of tablespoons of this sesame paste, a bit of liquid to thin, and the squeezed flesh of roasted garlic cloves – all whisked together and you have a hearty, tasty sauce that does not require cooking. By the amount of water you add, you can play a bit with the texture of the sauce. Some might prefer it a bit more liquid, other might go for the somewhat heavier version – it’s up to you.
Finally, all you have to do is to combine the pasta and the vegetables and to add the sauce, maybe some fresh herbs, if you like. Note also that the Pasta with Vegetables and Roasted Garlic Tahini Sauce can not only be enjoyed warm but also works well as a cold salad, ideal for taking it with you for work.
This Pasta with Vegetables and Roasted Garlic Tahini Sauce can not only be enjoyed warm but also works well as a cold salad, ideal for taking it out.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 3 Tbs tahini
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- water to thin
- 8 oz (250 g) gluten-free pasta
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the garlic and carefully roast in a small sauce pan. You can use a drop or two of olive oil.
- Combine all other ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Smash the garlic cloves and add to the sauce. Use water to thin.
- Cut the vegetables into small cubes and season with salt an pepper.
- Roast the vegetable cubes either in a frying pan with some olive oil, or in the oven at 400ºF (200ºC) for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to the manufacturer's instructions. When done, transfer a portion to a plate or bowl, add the roasted veggies, and top off with the roasted garlic tahini sauce.