My Tahini and Dates Raw Snack Balls are the perfect sweet vegan and gluten-free snack. It combines natural sweetness from the dates with cashew nuts and the roasted sesame flavor of the dark tahini. And they are quick and easy to make.
After all the recent very savory recipes like the Vegan Buffalo Burger and the Vegan Pepperoni Pizza, it high time for something sweet and snacky. When I crave for something for my sweet tooth, I still want to have something that is healthy and of good nutritional value – nothing full of processed ingredients and artificial flavors. That’s why I prefer to make those snacks myself.
The problem with that is more often than not that the preparation takes too much time and/or too many ingredients. We all know what it is like to have a tight schedule. My 3 Ingredient Snack Balls are ideal for us all. Only 3 ingredients! No kidding! And the come together like a snap. The only thing you need is a blender. All one has to do is combining cashews (depending on the power of the blender, soaked), medjool dates, and dark tahini paste.
The merging of the natural sweetness from the dates with the cashew nuts and the roasted sesame flavor of the dark tahini is just perfect. And it’s so easy to roll small adorable Tahini and Dates Raw Snack Balls from the mixture that look almost too good to eat – but only almost 😉
- 1½ cups (200 g) cashews
- 10 medjool, pitted and diced
- 2 Tbs dark tahini paste
- Soak the cashews in water for a couple of hours, or overnight.
- Drain the cashews and transfer them to a blender. Add the dates and process until you get a coarse mixture.
- In a bowl, mix the cashew-date combination with the dark tahini paste. Roll small Snack Balls and enjoy.
The Tahini and Dates Raw Snack Balls Elsewhere
- The Organic Dietitian – 60+ Recipes Using Dates: Nature’s Sweetener – September 29, 2015