My Vegan Triple Chocolate Bread is made with cacao powder, nibs, and dark vegan chocolate. It’s gluten free and dairy free with carrots, bananas, and orange juice.
Everyone knows the situation: you are in the grocery store and are totally in the mood for chocolate. You pass the muffins and chocolate cakes in the store but know that they are mostly high in fat, preservatives, and rich in sugar and trans fats – and more likely than not, made with dairy. It’s not a good thing to give in to that craving.
For me when it comes to my chocolate cravings I really want to know what I eat, what is inside, from what it is made. So I think one should go in the kitchen and prepare a chocolate indulgence with all natural whole food ingredients. That’s when I created this Triple Chocolate Bread. Why “triple”? Because it has raw cacao powder, dark vegan chocolate, and raw cacao nibs. There are good reasons for using raw cacao: antioxidants are preserved in raw cacao. Not heating organic chocolate has a lot of benefits: higher levels of the chocolate antioxidants, vitamin C is preserved, as are the neurotransmitter responsible for the feeling of love, and so forth. When you go for chocolate, don’t hold back on raw! 🙂
The special thing about this bread is not only that it has that triple chocolate infusion – I also used gluten-free flour and it’s vegan. Grated carrots, mashed bananas, and orange juice give it its fruity flavor as well as the required moisture. Some chia seeds, dried cranberries, and maple syrup complete the experience. Other than grating the carrots, the steps are really very simple and straightforward. Obviously, the Triple Chocolate Bread can also be enjoyed as a cake 😉
5 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 2 large bananas
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) maple syrup
- 2 cups (480ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup (120 g) organic raw cacao powder
- 3.5 oz (100 g) dark chocolate vegan
- 1 cup (120 g) dried cranberries
- 2 cups (250 g) brown rice flour
- 2-3 Tbs Chia seeds
- 3 tsp aluminium free baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 Tbs organic vanilla
- 1/3 cup (40 g) raw cacao nibs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Peel and grate the carrots, mash the bananas, and transfer both to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except for the cacao nibs) and mix well until you get a sticky, moist dough.
- Prepare a loaf pan with parchment paper and transfer the dough. Sprinkle with the cacao nibs.
- Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes.
The Vegan Triple Chocolate Bread Elsewhere
- The Lunchbox Bunch – 105 Plant-Based After School Snack Recipes! – September 24, 2015