Avocado Strawberry White Chocolate Mousse – astonishingly simple and delicious.
I was roaming through my local organic store. Passing through the aisles with no particular goal, I was looking at the shelves checking for new arrivals.
I do this every once in a while. This time, I was nearly through having found nothing of interest (except for some gorgeously looking strawberries) when I suddenly spotted: vegan white chocolate! It just had to go into my basket.
So here I was back home from this shopping tour. I immediately had an idea of what to make from the white chocolate. A dessert creme based on avocado, strawberries, and the chocolate.
Other than melting the vegan chocolate, all that it required was a good blender (although I suppose some dedicated mashing with a fork will also do). Some fresh strawberries on top – simply outstanding! Try it!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3.5 oz (100 g) vegan white chocolate
- 2 tbs water
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 8 oz (250 g) strawberries divided (let 1/3 rest for garnish)
- Mash the avocado and 2/3 of the strawberries with a fork until mashy or put them in food processor or blender and process until smooth (hint: blend the strawberries first, then add the avocados).
- In small saucepan or in the microwave, carefully melt the chocolate. Combine the avocado-strawberry mash with water, lemon juice, and the melted chocolate until you get a well mixed creme. Chop the rest of the strawberries for garnish.
- Put the mousse in the fridge for at least 1 hour up to overnight, enjoy!