Baba Ghanoush Crostini with Vegan Aioli – very vegan, very delicious!
Hello my lovely food enthusiasts!
This time we head to my wonderful recipe for the Baba Ghanoush Crostini with Vegan Aioli. Baba Ghanoush is originally a middle east spread made from eggplants, tahini, sesame paste, garlic, lemon juice – full of flavor awesomeness.
The traditional preparation apparently includes roasting the eggplant over open fire so that the inner flesh, which is used for the spread, get soft and smoky. I decided to take an easier option by simply baking the eggplant in the oven.
Overall, this recipe is pretty easy. Here, I use the Baba Ghanoush as a spread on sliced baguette. A green salad and tomato topping is then crowned by a spoonful of my vegan aioli.
This is also a very nice dip. Instead of mayonnaise as a base, I use soaked cashew and pine nuts!
Very delicious, very vegan – go check it out!Print
For the Baba Ghanoush
- 1 baguette
- 2 Tbs Tahini paste
- 1 eggplant, cubed and roasted
- 2 gloves garlic
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 2 Tbs Lemon juice
- 1 Tbs Apple cider vinegar
- salt pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs maple or agave
For the vegan aioli:
- 1/2 cup (60 g) cashew nuts soaked for at least 4 hours or overnight
- 1/2 cup (60 g) pine nuts soaked for at least 4 hours or overnight
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 gloves garlic
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp maple syrup
For the topping:
- arugula or mixed salad of choice
- tomato slices
- Preheat oven to 390°F (200°C), prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roast eggplant for about 30 minutes, let cool a bit for 5 minutes. Then add the eggplant, tahini, garlic, agave, water, citrus juice, and cider to a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Start making the aioli by combining the soaked nuts without the liquid, oil, garlic, and maple. Season with salt and process until you have a smooth and creamy thick paste like mayonnaise.
- To assemble: spread the Baba Ghanoush on the baguette, add arugula and tomatoes. Top with the aioli. Enjoy!