This Bow Tie Pasta Salad is super easy to make mayo-free with dairy-free yogurt. It is naturally vegan and an amazing 15 minute meal that the whole family will love for summer dinner, BBQs, or picnics. Fresh, easy, and delicious – what more do we need!
- 1 lb bow tie pasta (use gf if needed)
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup pickles, diced + 1/4 cup pickle juice reserved
- 2 cups dairy free yogurt plain
- 3/4 cup peas, cooked
- salt, pepper to taste
- 8 oz smoked tofu, baked or fried
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch dill, finely chopped
- Cook your bow tie pasta according the package direction.
- While it is cooking, it is a good time to prepare the salad sauce. For that, use a large bowl and combine the dairy free yogurt, pickles and pickle juice, chopped bell pepper, cooked peas, season with salt and pepper. If you are fancy and like some of the optional extras like minced garlic, smoked tofu and dill, add them now too.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and wither let it cool or cool it with cold running water. Mix with pasta and enjoy on plates or in bowls.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 221
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 113 mg
- Fat: 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 42.9 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 7.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: Pasta Salad, vegan, mayo free salad, vegetarian, gluten free, BBQ, picnics, work lunch