Here is a festive and impressive Brussels Sprouts Gratin with Glazed Carrots. This easy recipe is entirely vegan and gluten free and a must make for your Christmas dinner – or any time when you want to add vegetables with a flavor boost to your plate.
For the Brussels Sprouts Gratin:
- 1 batch Vegan Cheese Sauce, prepared
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, peeled
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts crushed
- salt, pepper to taste
For the Glazed Carrots:
- 2 big carrots peeled cut into thin sticks
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs maple
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot and add the vegetables. Reduce heat to medium. Make sure the water keeps boiling, without splashing over, for about 8 minutes. I recommend you pick one sprout out of the pot and check whether it is done. It should be softened but not mushy.
- In a casserole dish, combine cooked Brussels sprouts with the prepared vegan cheese sauce. Mix well in the casserole dish. Top with crushed hazelnuts and bake for around 20 minutes at 415°F.
- While the gratin is in the oven, get a sauce pan. Heat oil and add the sliced carrots. Fry them for 2 minutes then add maple syrup. Mix well, reduce heat to medium, and let simmer for 6 minutes more. Regularly stir the carrots, so that the maple glazes equally. Serve everything on a plate and enjoy.
- Calories: 238
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 44
- Fat: 15
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 11
- Cholesterol: 0