Be ready and get excited for this Buffalo Cauliflower Lasagna. It is entirely vegan, gluten free and packed with the most delicious buffalo flavors.
- 6 no -boil lasagna noodles, gf
- 28 oz marinara
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
- 1 batch White Sauce from the Best Vegan Moussaka
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- salt, pepper to taste
Optional add ons:
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup bell pepper
- Vegan Parmesan from my Beet and Spinach Tart
- Heat a bit of oil, vegan butter or vegetable broth in a casserole. Add the garlic, and cut cauliflower and fry for around 5 minutes. Add marinara, season with hot sauce, and let simmer for around 5 minutes more.
- In a pot heat, the oil or feel free to use vegetable broth. Add flour and almond milk (or any other plant based milk will work) cook and stir until it thickens. Finally add nutritional yeast and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg if you like.
- You will need a 10×10 inch casserole dish. Start with a layer white sauce, followed by lasagna noodles and finally the buffalo cauliflower sauce. If you want to incorporate the optional onions and bell peppers do it now by using half of the bell pepper and onions, both chopped, and give them on the buffalo sauce. Repeat the sequence one more time. Finally, the last layer should be white sauce, then sprinkle some optional vegan Parmesan on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 410°F with aluminum foil on top. After that time remove the foil and bake for 15 minutes longer. Serve on plates and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 2.5 cups
- Calories: 271
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 96
- Fat: 13
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 32
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 7
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Lasagna, Cauliflower, Buffalo, Vegan, Gluten free, plant based, casserole, meal prep