This Cacio e Pepe is made with simple ingredients that you might already have stored in your fridge. It is an easy 15 minute meal that the whole family will love. Even the pickiest kids want to eat a second plate in no time. No one would ever guess it is naturally vegan and so easy to make.
- 1 batch of my Vegan Parmesan Cheese (3 ingredients, 1 min
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 Tbs vegan butter
- 1/2 lb spaghetti (use gf, if needed)
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 5 cloves garlic
- salt, pepper (black pepper) to taste
- Bring water to boil in a large pot. Add spaghetti and cook them according to the directions.
- When this is done, drain the pasta but reserve some of the pasta water. Head over to a skillet and heat vegan butter, olive oil and add garlic. Fry this until fragrant, the add the reserved pasta water and half of the vegan parm to that skillet. Take it from the stove, mix everything well and season with pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add pasta back to the pot, mix with the sauce. Divide into bowls or on plates and serve with remaining vegan cheese on top.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 475
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 151 mg
- Fat: 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 59.8 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 13.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: vegan pasta, vegetarian pasta, lunch, meal prep