- 24 oz (700 ml) tomato passata
- 17 oz (500 g) spinach
- 1 cup (250 ml) cashew butter
- 14 oz (400 g) dried or 2 14 oz (400 g) cans cannellini beans
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- salt, pepper, curry, cardamom
- a handful of cashews
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp curry
- herbs, scallions for serving
- Pre-cook the cannellini beans, if you use dried ones, according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Wash and finely chop the spinach.
- Heat one Tbs of olive oil in a big saucepan and add the chopped spinach. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato passata and the cashew butter. Mix well and heat until nearly boiling on medium heat.
- Add beans and season with salt, pepper, curry to your taste (about 1 tsp each). A hint of cardamon can also be added. Keep the stew heated but not boiling.
- In a small saucepan, heat the other tablespoon of olive oil. Add the cashews, salt, and curry. Mix an roast for 3-4 minutes until the cashews brown lightly. Remove from heat.
- To serve, transfer a good amount of the stew into a bowl, sprinkle with roasted cashews, and some herbs and scallions, if desired.