These Cauliflower Wings are easy to make, crispy outside and juicy inside. Amazing taste and perfect texture from baking covered in a top notch homemade Wing sauce. No one would ever taste these are vegan. A keeper that everyone will eat and come back in no time.
- Wing sauce, divided
- 1 cup flour (use gf, if needed)
- 20 oz cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup almond or oat milk
- 2 Tbsp vegan mayo
- 2 Tbsp oil (neutral taste)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic poweder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs (use gf, if needed)
- Preheat oven to 430°F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine flour, 1/2 of the sauce (reserve that rest for later), vegan mayo, and plant milk. Season with salt and pepper. See note!
- In another mixing bowl, combine breadcrumbs with chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, poultry seasoning. Add a pin of salt and pepper to this, too.
- Dip cauliflower florets in the flour mixture and make sure that the marinade sticks to them and they are completely covered with it.
- Toss them in the breadcrumbs mix from all sides, then transfer the florets to the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes until cauliflower is browned.
- Take the cauliflower from the oven and mix cauliflower wings with the remaining wing sauce. Return to the oven and bake for 5 minutes more.
If the mixture becomes too thick and dry (more like a bread dough), add small amounts of plant milk and mix again until the consistency is right. You can see that in the instruction pictures.
- Serving Size: 10 oz
- Calories: 216
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 122 mg
- Fat: 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.0 g
- Fiber: 5.1 g
- Protein: 7.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: cauliflower wings, vegan snack, vegetarian, lunch, dinner, party food