Movie night is snack night. Some friends and I have that thing going that we meet at a place of one of us and watch a movie. Recently, it was my turn to host the event at my place.
My responsibilities as a host would be to take care of my friends’ snack desires – plus making sure that the movie of the night would be ready to stream (we went for “Let’s Be Cops” which turned out to be dreadful).
Snack-wise, I intended to keep it simple: some bread, some veggies, a dip that everyone would enjoy. Then I remembered an article I had read shortly before on Men’s Fitness: “Fit Food: The Benefits of Chia Seeds“. OK, if we were going to spend an evening sitting on our behinds and munching, let it at least be fit food 😀
The dip that I went for was a Chia Muhammara: freshly roasted bell pepper, a chili, garlic, walnuts. A couple of extra condiments. And then roasted Chia Seeds on top. This is such a flavor bomb full of freshness. It’s really intense and satisfying! More than making up for dreadful movies 😉Print
- 4 roasted red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil + more for garnish
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 chili, seeds removed
- 1–2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup (130 g) walnuts
- salt, pepper
- 3 Tbs chia seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 390°F (200°C) and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roast bell peppers for 45 minutes. Let cool. Remove skin and seeds.
- Add the pepper together with all other ingredients (except for the chia) to a blender and process until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, slightly toast the chia seeds before sprinkling them on top of the Muhammara.