My Chunky Monkey Banana Cream Pie is a beautiful vegan dessert made from 6 ingredients. Full of flavor from dates, peanuts, bananas, and coconut nectar. Gluten free and easy.
For the cake bottom:
- 2 cups Medjool Dates
- 1/2 banana
- 1 1/2 Tbs coconut nectar
- 1 1/2 heaping cups unsalted peanuts
- 1/3 cup vegan dark chocolate, broke into pieces
For the filling:
- 3 cups unsalted peanuts
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 heaping cup coconut nectar
- vegan dark chocolate shavings (I used a knife, but feel free to use a mandolin for similar results)
- 1 1/2 bananas
- unsalted peanuts
- Combine medjool dates, 1/2 banana (reserve the other half for the garnish), peanuts, coconut nectar in the bowl of a blender or food processor. Pulse and combine until the mixture forms a rough dough. Be careful not to over proces this!
- Add chocolate chunks to that blender or food processor bowl and just combine with a spatula (this way we don’t need an extra bowl for that). Then press the dough into a 7 inch springform that you have prepared with parchment paper, or greased with a bit of coconut oil. Set a side and chill.
- To make the filling, add all the filling ingredients to that blender or food processor bowl and process until really smooth and creamy. You don’t want any peanut butter chunks in that.
- Give the filling over the dough, garnish with chocolate shavings, banana slices and peanuts. Chill again or enjoy right away.