This Citrus Quinoa Sweet Potato Salad is naturally vegan, gluten free, and super easy to make. It comes with the best citrus dressing you can ask for and is always exciting with many optional add ons.
For the salad:
- 3 cups quinoa, cooked (1 cup uncooked)
- 1 large sweet potato. cubed and roasted
- 3 Tbs yellow mustard
- 4 Tbs maple syrup
- 1/2 cup orange juice, freely squeezed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freely squeezed
- salt, pepper to taste
Optional add ons
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/4 cups black beans, drained from a can
- 1/4 cup walnuts or cashews
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley or cilantro
- Combine the cooked quinoa and roasted sweet potatoes in a bowl. If you use optional add ons, like black beans, garlic, dried cranberries, onions, cashews, walnuts, parsley, or cilantro, add them to the bowl too.
- For the dressing: combine mustard and maple syrup in small bowl with the orange and lemon juices. Combine everything well with a wire whisk.
- Last give the dressing over your salad and mix everything in that bowl. Divide into plates or bowls, enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1.5 cup
- Calories: 332
- Sugar: 18.5
- Sodium: 391
- Fat: 4.8
- Saturated Fat: 0.5
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 67
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 9
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Salad, Quinoa, Beans