This recipe for my Easy Vegan Sour Creme Baguette with Cherry and Onion Jam is really great way to include more cherries into your meal plan. It’s also a stunning party food. And of course super delicious.
- 5 oz (150 g) vegan sour cream
- 1 red onion, small
- 1 yellow onion, small
- 1–2 Tbs olive oil
- 8 oz (250 g) tart cherries, pitted and halved
- your favorite baguette
- Wash the tart cherries, cut in halves, and remove pits.
- Peel the onions and cut into rings.
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauce pan. Add the onion rings and sautee for 5-10 minutes until they soften. Then add the cherry halves and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- To assemble to crostini, put a good teaspoon of the vegan sour cream on top of a baguette slice, then add the cherry-onion mix. If you like, you can also toast the baguette slices first.