This Eggplant Lasagna is easy to make with simple ingredients, budget friendly and rich in flavor. Once you’ve tried it you know you will wow everyone, even pickiest eaters. This easy recipe is such a great option for any easy family meals that you can always count on. No one would ever taste it is entirely vegan so this made it to everyone’s plates.
- 2 large eggplants, cut into slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 batch Vegan Parmesan Cheese (3 ingredients, 1 min)
- 2 batches Vegan Ricotta from my Vegan Ricotta Zucchini Casserole
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 cup Vegan mozzarella, shredded
- salt, pepper to taste
- 3 tsp Italian herbs
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 410°F and have a 10×10 casserole dish ready.
- Start with cutting eggplants in thin slices. Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the eggplants for around 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside. Make sure the oil hot, this way you will get a much better texture and flavor. After frying, make sure to remove any remaining oil. If needed, use kitchen crepe.
- Next mix marinara with garlic in a bow and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. If you use the optional garlic powder, onion powder and Italian herbs, mix them with the prepared vegan ricotta.
- Last be ready for layering your lasagna. Start with a layer of the marinara sauce on the bottom, followed by eggplants, vegan ricotta, marinara and a bit of vegan Parmesan, vegan mozzarella. Repeat until everything is used. The last layer should be a bit marinara and ricotta, garnish with Parmesan and Mozzarella.
- Bake for around 30 minutes until the vegan cheese is melted and a bit golden on top. Let cool down a bit for approximately 5 up 8 minutes and serve.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 566
- Sugar: 5.6 g
- Sodium: 393 mg
- Fat: 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 14.8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 13.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.9 g
- Fiber: 10.9 g
- Protein: 25.0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: eggplant lasagna, vegan lasagna, vegetarian lasagna, lunch, dinner, meal prep