This Jalapeno Mac and Cheese is the easiest make ahead meal ever and comes with a homemade, naturally vegan cheese sauce. You can prepare it in only 15 minutes and have a delicious lunch or dinner for the whole family ready. I’ll show you how to make it from simple ingredients on the stove or as a baked mac and cheese version in the oven. If you prefer it milder, just swap jalapenos for green chili (Anaheim chili). So simple!
- 10 oz macaroni noodles (I used gf), uncooked
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 oz can jalapeno slices, drained
- 1 batch 3 Ingredient Vegan Cheese Sauce, prepared
- 7 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- salt, pepper to taste
- First, cook your pasta according the directions. At the same time heat a bit oil or vegetable broth. Add garlic and sliced jalapenos and roast them for about 3 minutes until they are lightly browned. Set aside.
- When the pasta is done, pour the water off and return the drained pasta back to the stove. Mix with prepared 3 Ingredient Vegan Cheese Sauce (just blend cashews, vegetable broth, and tahini), roasted jalapenos and garlic, nutritional yeast, and vegan cream cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Only step left to do is warming everything for 5 minutes on medium heat. Divide on bowls or plates.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 581
- Sugar: 4.8 g
- Sodium: 991 mg
- Fat: 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 69.8 g
- Fiber: 5.5 g
- Protein: 14.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: meal prep, vegan, mac and cheese, spicy recipes, dinner, lunch, dairy free, gluten free