This Leek and Potato Soup recipe is my answer to fall again. It takes only 4 vegan ingredients to complete this easy potato soup: potatoes, leek, almond milk, and a pear. You can add some toppings to your liking like chives, pecans or scallions. If you are looking for a vegan potato soup, look no further than my Leek and Potato Soup!
For the Soup:
- 2 lbs (1 kg) Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 leeks, white and green parts
- 2 cups (480 ml) almond milk
- 1 pear, diced
- salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste
- pecans, chopped
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Wash the leek and cut off only the parts at the very ends. Chop the rest into max. inch-sized bits.
- Transfer the almond milk to a large sauce pan. Add the potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook the potatoes for about 10 minutes. Then add the leek and pear and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes. Check if potatoes are soft. If not, cook for a bit longer.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a bit. Transfer to a blender and process until smooth.
- Return the soup to the sauce pan and slowly reheat. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Serve with optional toppings like pecans, chives, scallions etc