Here is my new Lentil Meatloaf with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Basil. If you look for a delicious, easy, vegan, gluten free, satisfying, drool worthy, finger-licking good, recipe which is full of healthy protein, this one is perfect for you.
- 2 14 oz (400 g) cans lentils or 1 cup uncooked lentils
- 1 14 oz (400 g) white beans
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- juice of 1 lime, optional
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (gf)
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt, pepper
- 1 large handful sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- fresh basil
- Cashew Tzatziki, optional, recipe here
- Preheat oven to 390°F/200°C.
- If you use dried lentils, cook them according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Combine the white beans, water, and lemon juice in a food processor or blender and process until smooth, then set aside.
- Pulse the lentils in a food processor but do not over-process. You want to keep some chunky texture. Combined all the ingredients in a bowl and let sit for around 10 minutes.
- Bake for 40 minutes. While the Lentil Meatloaf is baking, you can use the time to make the Cashew Tzatziki