This creamy Mediterranean Eggplant Soup is for all you vegan soup lovers. With the amazing taste of tahini and garlic, this is the most delicious soup I’ve made with just 6 ingredients and in 2 easy steps.
- 1/2 cup hummus, your favourite plain hummus, or try my recipe
- 3.5 cups vegetable broth
- 6 tbs tahini,
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium eggplants, cut into chunks
- juice of one lemon
- salt, pepper to taste
- Start with heating a large pot over medium heat. You have two option to chose from how to fry the eggplant and garlic. Either heat a bit of olive oil or use a bit of vegetable broth for oil free cooking. Whatever you go for, this is done in about 5 minutes.
- Next and last step: add all the other ingredients, except the lemon juice, and cook all together for 15 minutes until eggplants are done. Now add the lemon juice for a nice citrus flavor boost which compliments so well the hummus and tahini. Divide in bowls and enjoy.