Today’s Mexican Quinoa Wraps are lovely fresh gems. There is no big secret here – all one needs to make this on-the-go lunch or after-workout snack is gluten free tortilla wraps, a bunch of vegetables, beans, and some cooked quinoa. I’ve actually fallen in love with it ever since I first tried it. One of the many aspects I enjoy so much about it is its versatility: it can be used as fillings in cannelloni, in bowls or stews, in salads… you name it.
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 15 oz (400 g) black beans
- 7 oz (200 g) corn
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 chili, chopped, seeds removed (optional)
- 1 red pepper, diced
- BBQ sauce
- wraps (gf)
- salt, pepper to taste
- guacamole, vegan sour creme (optional)
- Cook the quinoa according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In the meantime, prepare the vegetables. Peel and chop the onion, seed and dice the chili and red pepper.
- Heat a sauce pan and add a little bit of oil. Transfer the onion, chilli, and red pepper and sauté for about five minutes until they begin to soften.
- When the quinoa is ready, take a wrap and fill it with the vegetables mix, corn, and black beans. Add a bit of guacamole and sour creme, plus a dash of BBQ sauce, if you like. Roll and enjoy.