This One Pot Red Lentil Dal is incredibly full of flavor, entirely vegan, gluten free. Made from only wholesome ingredients in just a single pot, this is a perfect lunch, snack, or dinner.
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 14 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup onions peeled ad chopped (optional)
- 1 tandoori spice mix (use ginger, chili, powder, curry and turmeric)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- salt, pepper to taste
- First heat a bit of oil or vegetable broth for oil free cooking. Add garlic, jalapeno, and onions (optional), then fry for around 4 minutes until the jalapeno begins it soften.
- Add lentils, coconut milk, chopped tomatoes, and tandoori spice mix and bring to a boil. Let cook on low heat for 15 minutes and you are done.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 431 mg
- Fat: 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Fiber: 13 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: Indian lentil soup, curry recipe, vegan, vegetarian