I’ve finally found my perfect recipe for vegan pancakes. Take any pancake recipe and chose the right flour and you can make a gluten free pancake. For a vegan diet it’s difficult to get them fluffy, light, and tasty. In this post I’ll tell you how to make your perfect vegan pancakes.
- 3 Tbs Tapioca starch
- 2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups (200 g) buckwheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) oat or almond milk
- 3 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 Tbs organic vanilla
- 1 Tbs coconut oil, melted + more for the pan
- Hint: If you like your pancakes a bit richer, just substitute the 1/2 cup oat or almond milk with full fat coconut milk, but I find no need for extra coconut milk.
- To make the dough, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and whisk together. Let rest for 15 minutes, covered at room temperature.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan. Use pancake molds or a cookie cutter to bake lovely looking round pancakes. Make sure you heat and oil the molds/cutter before you add the batter. Cook it for a couple of minutes until it starts to bubble. Then remove the molds and flip. Cook through for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat until all the batter is used.