Make my new Portobello Mushroom Sandwich and treat yourself to a fresh vegan, gluten free lunch. Perfect to take along to work or on any spring and summer adventures that you plan. Made with roasted peppers and your favorite guacamole.
For the Marinade
- 2 Tbs Tamari
- 2 Tbs hot Sauce
- 2 Portobello mushrooms
- salt, pepper to taste
For the sandwich
- 1 batch guacamole (try my Roasted Chili Mango Guacamole)
- roasted peppers (use 1 14 oz jar of roasted peppers, or roast them for around 20 minutes at 415°F)
- your favorite bread (use gf if needed)
- Add Tamari and hot sauce in a small bowl, season with salt and pepper, then mix or shake until combined. Now it’s time to marinate the portobellos. Remove the stem and scrape out the gills, then clean the mushrooms with a wet paper cloth.
- When you are done with this, brush the portobellos with the marinade using a pastry brush. Depending on your preference, there are different methods for preparing Portobello Mushrooms: you can grill, bake, or fry them. I prefer grilling, so heat a large grilling pan and cook for 6 minutes. Each side is around 3 minutes, done.
- Next and last is assembling your sandwich: Take your favorite bread and place the Portobello Mushrooms on it. Followed this with a big dollop of guacamole and finished with roasted peppers.