My new Pumpkin Soup adds the comfort of a soup to my list of pumpkin recipes. It’s a great tasty combination with hearty white beans, kale, tomatoes and more healthy vegetables. This Pumpkin Soup is definitely a dish you want as the center of your Thanksgiving table!
- 1 pumpkin
- 1 15 oz (400 g) can white beans
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 15 oz (400 g) chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups (720 ml) organic vegetable broth
- 1 large handful kale or chard, chopped
- parsley, chopped
- Peel the pumpkin. Cut in half and remove seeds.
- Peel the onion. Wash celery stalks. Dice pumpkin, onion, and celery.
- Heat a Tbs of coconut or olive oil. Add the diced vegetables and sauté them for about 5 minutes. After about two minutes, add the garlic.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and vegetable broth. Reduce heat and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Now, add the beans and the kale/chard. Let simmer for another 5-10 minutes.