This Raw Vegan Strawberry Peanut Butter Cheesecake is my first attempt at a vegan cheesecake – and a raw cheesecake on top. The crust is an easy mix of peanuts and medjool dates, the filling made from peanut butter, silken tofu, topped with pureed strawberries. This no-bake cheesecake recipe has all the PB&J vibes that are so addictive.
For the Crust
- 2 1/2 cups (300 g) unsalted peanuts
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
For the Filling:
- 14 oz (400 g) silken tofu
- 1 1/2 cups (375 g) +1 Tbs peanut butter, no preservatives
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
For the Strawberry Topping:
- 14 oz (400 g) strawberries
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 Tbs vanilla powder, optional
To make the Crust:
- Put peanuts and medjool dates in a blender or food processor and process until you obtain a rough crumble. Make sure that the peanuts and dates are well mixed, then transfer into a springform (I used a 7 inch/18 cm). Press it firmly into the baking form. If you use regular dates instead of medjool, soak them first for around 30 minutes before using them.
To make the Filling:
- Process the peanut butter together with the silken tofu and maple syrup in a blender until you obtain a smooth and creamy mixture. Put the filling over the dough in the springform and distribute it evenly. Put the cake in the refrigerator let chill for at least 4 hours until served.
- Put the strawberries in a bowl of blender, again along with a bit of maple syrup and optional vanilla powder. Process until smooth and put some jelly to your own taste over the cake.