Roasted Garlic Tahini Crostini – my new easy vegan recipe for a party snack or finger food. Made from only 5 ingredients in 3 easy steps, this little wonder will become a staple for you right away.
- 1 batch roasted garlic tahini sauce, prepared without water
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- salt, pepper
- your favorite bread (choose gf if needed)
For the optional caramelized pine nuts:
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Prepare the roasted garlic tahini sauce from the Pasta with Vegatables and Roasted Garlic Tahini Sauce recipe. Leave out the water! Otherwise the sauce will be too thin to stick to your bread.
- Wash and slice the mushrooms. Heat a large skillet with a bit of olive oil, briefly saute the sliced mushrooms. For the extra topping, combine pine nuts and maple syrup in a small bowl and transfer to a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper. Bake for 5 minutes at 390F, not longer!
- Spread a good amount of the tahini sauce over the bread, add a spoonful of sauteed mushrooms. Top with pine nuts.