This Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup is the ultimate comfort food. Super easy preparation on a sheet pan, full of flavor, vegan and gluten free.
- 1 lb tomatoes
- 3 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into halves
- 1 cup roughly chopped onions
- 1 head of garlic
- 1/3 heaping cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
- salt, pepper to taste
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Wrap the garlic in a piece of parchment paper and load it on the sheet pan together with the vegetables. Roast all for around 40 minutes at 410°F. After roasting, pop the garlic from the skin after it has cooled down a bit. Peel the tomatoes and bell pepper, the skin should come off easily.
- Transfer everything to a blender or food processor, add cashew butter, and season with salt and pepper. Add optional nutritional yeast.
- Process until really smooth and creamy. Divide into bowls and enjoy. Alternatively you can use a hand blender.