This Vegetarian Fajita Pasta is an amazing entirely vegan and gluten free Mexican inspired dish. Made with a creamy and spicy Enchilada sauce, and full of fresh vegetables. Comfort food that you can easily customize to your taste.
- 4 cups of your favorite pasta, cooked (I used gluten free)
- 2 cups Enchilada Sauce, store-bought or homemade
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup black beans, cooked
- Taco Seasoning mix (I used 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp paprika)
- 1 heaping cup chopped bell peppers
- salt pepper to taste
Optional add ons:
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup corn
- avocado slices
- Start with frying the garlic with your favorite oil. If you want to go for oil free cooking, simply use vegetable broth. If you decide to use the chopped onions now is the time to add them. Together, it will take 4 minutes until all is slightly golden and brown. You will recognize a delicious smell in your kitchen.
- Next and last add all the other ingredients (Enchilada sauce, Taco seasoning, bell pepper and your optional choices) to that pot. After 5 minutes add the cooked pasta and cook for 4 minutes more. Divide into bowls or plates, and serve with avocado slices on top.
- Serving Size: 8