- 1 batch cookie dough from the Vegan Strawberry Sandwich Cookies
- 2 x 15 oz canned coconut milk, chilled
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 tsp vanilla poeder
- agar agar (see notes)
- Mix gluten free flour, maple, peanut butter, and fresh ginger. Wrap the dough in plastic a wrap, form a cookie roll and let it chill a bit. After that you can easily slice the cookies, bake them for 5 minutes and cool for 10 minutes.
- Scoop the cream from the top of the chilled coconut milk. Combine this cream with vanilla, and maple syrup in a bowl. Use a hand mixer until the cream transform into real heavy cream. Set aside again.
- Add agar agar to the cream filling. Carefully read the directions since the amount you need will depend on whether you are using flakes or powder. After mixing with the heavy cream filling
- Use a pastry bag to spread some thumb-thick filling on one cookie. Put another cookie on top, and repeat the same with the remaining cookies.
- If you use coconut or almond flours, take only 1/4 cup of it and mix with another neutral flour, like light buckwheat or teff.
- The exact amount of agar agar depends on the manufacturer. Please consults its directions.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich cookie
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 8
- Sodium: 83
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 24.2
- Fiber: 2.4
- Protein: 5.9
- Cholesterol: 0