This Zucchini Casserole comes together in under 30 minutes, is vegan, super easy to make with simple ingredients and so satisfying, filling. It will be devoured by everyone in your family, even picky kids will eat vegetables from now on. You can be sure it is a home run and so foolproof it almost makes itself, so you can relax, sit down, and enjoy.
- 3 medium zucchinis, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs (use gf, if needed)
- 1 batch Vegan Parmesan Cheese (3 ingredients, 1 min)
- 2 tsp Italian herbs
- salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 430°F, get your casserole prepared and ready.
- Start with a skillet or casserole which is large enough. Melt 2 Tbsp vegan butter and reserve the rest for later. When hot, add onion and garlic, fry for 2 minutes. Then give the zucchini slices to the pan and fry for 5 minutes more.
- Now add coconut milk and nutmeg. Cook all for 2 minutes more on medium heat. Stir in half of the breadcrumbs and half of the vegan parmesan.
- Next give remaining vegan butter into a small bowl, mix with breadcrumbs and Italian herbs, remaining vegan parmesan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Finally transfer zucchini mixture to the prepared casserole and top with remaining breadcrumb mix. Bake for around 20 minutes.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 430 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: zucchini casserole, vegan, lunch, dinner, meal prep