This easy Leftover Chili Mac is a flavorful and hearty dish that not only transforms yesterday’s chili into a new culinary adventure but also brings together the best of both worlds – the rich, spiced warmth of chili and the comforting embrace of macaroni. Get ready to turn leftovers into a feast of comfort food with this quick and easy recipe!
What to do with leftover chili?
Repurposing leftover chili opens up a world of culinary possibilities, allowing you to enjoy a variety of delicious meals. Here are some creative ideas to make the best leftover chili recipes:
1. Chili-Stuffed Baked Potatoes: Load up baked potatoes with reheated chili, and top them with sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions, and any other favorite toppings. It’s a hearty and satisfying meal.
2. Chili Nachos: Turn your leftover chili into a crowd-pleasing appetizer by layering it on top of tortilla chips along with melted cheese, jalapeños, and sour cream. Bake until the cheese is gooey and irresistible.
3. Chili Quesadillas: Make flavorful quesadillas by sandwiching chili between tortillas along with cheese. Cook until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are golden brown for a quick and tasty lunch or dinner.
4. Chili Tacos: Fill taco shells with reheated chili, and add your favorite taco toppings such as shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and avocado slices for a Tex-Mex-inspired meal.
5. Chili-Stuffed Bell Peppers: Hollow out bell peppers and stuff them with leftover chili. Top with cheese and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through for a wholesome and low-carb option.
6. Chili Burger Toppings: Elevate your burger game by using reheated chili as a topping. Layer it on your burger along with cheese, lettuce, and other favorite toppings for a gourmet twist.
Remember, the key is to let your creativity guide you as you transform your leftover chili into new and exciting dishes!
What are the ingredients of this Leftover Chili Mac?
OK, so you have made that big pot of chili full of ground beef, black beans, or pinto beans, maybe some green pepper all in a spicy tomato sauce, and you have leftovers.
All you need to make those a delicious meal for the next day are basic pantry staples:
7 oz Macaroni, cooked al dente
1/2 cup vegan cheddar
How to make Leftover Chili Mac
To prepare the delicious Leftover Chili Mac, start by preheating your oven to 350°F. Then, mix the macaroni with the chili until they are well combined.
Transfer this mixture to a casserole dish and top it off with some mouth-watering cheddar cheese.
Now, it’s time to bake your creation to perfection. Allow it to bake for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Once it’s done, take it out of the oven and serve it hot. The combination of the savory chili and the cheesy macaroni is sure to please your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied. Enjoy!
How to store Leftover Chili Mac
To maintain the freshness and safety of leftover Chili Mac, it is important to store it properly. The following are the steps to follow:
Firstly, cool down the easy Chili Mac quickly by allowing it to reach room temperature before refrigerating or freezing it. This can be done by transferring it to a shallow container that allows heat to disperse more quickly.
Secondly, for short-term storage, store the Chili Mac in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Ensure that the container is suitable for cold storage and has a tight-fitting lid to prevent air from entering. Label the container with the date you cooked the Chili Mac to keep track of how long it has been stored and use it within a safe timeframe.
Lastly, divide the Chili Mac into small portions before refrigerating or freezing it to reduce waste and preserve quality. Reheat the Chili Mac thoroughly to an internal temperature of at least 165°F (74°C) to ensure it’s safe to eat. Before consuming, inspect the Chili Mac for any signs of spoilage, such as off odors, discoloration, or unusual texture. If in doubt, it’s better to err on the side of caution and discard it.
Other Chili Recipes to try
- 3 cups leftover chili
- 7 oz Macaroni, cooked al dente
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddar
- To prepare the delicious Leftover Chili Mac, start by preheating your oven to 350°F.
- Then, mix the macaroni with the chili until they are well combined.
- Transfer this mixture to a casserole dish and top it off with some mouth-watering cheddar cheese.
- Now, it's time to bake your creation to perfection. Allow it to bake for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once it's done, take it out of the oven and serve it hot. The combination of the savory chili and the cheesy macaroni is sure to please your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied.
Store the Chili Mac in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 560mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 13g