This Bow Tie Pasta Salad is super easy to make mayo-free with dairy-free yogurt. It is naturally vegan and an amazing 15 minute meal that the whole family will love for summer dinner, BBQs, or picnics. Fresh, easy, and delicious – what more do we need!
Meal prep salads are my jam like this Thai Noodle Salad or the Hummus Potato Salad. If you’re looking for more easy salad recipes, feel free to use the search bar and enjoy even more picnic or potluck ideas.
You can be sure once you’ve made this Bow Tie Pasta salad it will become a regular staple in your family that especially kids will be asking for again and again.
And they truly should because it is: creamy, satisfying, super easy, perfectly seasoned in and out, filling, fresh made without mayo, shareable, great for parties, potlucks, get togethers. In short, a summer pasta salad that will always hit the spot for everyone no matter what the occasion is.
What you need for this Bow Tie Pasta Salad with Peas
Only 5 simple ingredients are required not counting salt and pepper.
- Bow tie pasta
- Bell pepper
- Pickles + pickle juice reserved
- Dairy free yogurt
Note: please make sure to get a plain dairy free yogurt. You can use whatever you like, soy, almond, oat, or cashew yogurt, it will work amazing. Just make sure it is plain, not fruit, chocolate or any other flavor this will not taste well, just saying.
Optional you can add to your own liking:
- Smoked tofu
- Minced garlic
- Dill, finely chopped
Bow tie pasta salad method:
First, simply cook your bow tie pasta according the package direction.
While it is cooking, it is a good time to prepare the salad sauce. For that, use a large bowl and combine the dairy free yogurt, pickles and pickle juice, chopped bell pepper, cooked peas, season with salt and pepper. If you are fancy and like some of the optional extras like minced garlic, smoked tofu and dill, add them now too.
When the pasta is cooked, drain it and let it cool or cool it with cold running water. Mix with pasta and enjoy on plates or in bowls.
It makes just an amazing meal for dinner, lunch, meal prep, and any occasion for easy healthy meals. Also great for packed ideas to bring to work or college.
Variations for this easy vegan pasta salad recipe
With pesto: skip the dairy free yogurt and add your favorite pesto instead. Or try my Pistachio Pesto (it should be your favorite anyways!).
With spinach: add some spinach to this salad and you have a more hearty texture.
Share all your remakes and feedback, love seeing all of it.
- 1 lb bow tie pasta (use gf if needed)
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup pickles, diced + 1/4 cup pickle juice reserved
- 2 cups dairy free yogurt plain
- 3/4 cup peas, cooked
- salt, pepper to taste
Optional add ons:
- 8 oz smoked tofu, baked or fried
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch dill, finely chopped
- Cook your bow tie pasta according the package direction.
- While it is cooking, it is a good time to prepare the salad sauce. For that, use a large bowl and combine the dairy free yogurt, pickles and pickle juice, chopped bell pepper, cooked peas, season with salt and pepper. If you are fancy and like some of the optional extras like minced garlic, smoked tofu and dill, add them now too.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and wither let it cool or cool it with cold running water. Mix with pasta and enjoy on plates or in bowls.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 1.7gSaturated Fat: 0.2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0.4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 42.9gFiber: 3.7gSugar: 2.5gProtein: 7.8g