This Creamy Mac and Cheese is seriously the best you’ve ever tried. It is ready in under 15 minutes and made with simple ingredients that you’ve already have on hand. Even the pickiest kids will eat this and want a second plate in no time. A keeper that the whole family will love and no one would ever taste or guess it is entirely vegan.
If you are looking for more ideas use the search bar and keep your craving mile high.
Today’s recipe is taking a somewhat more traditional turn: lots of vegan cheese, creamy, and so comforting.
I have tested this recipe in and out to get it absolutely right and seriously the result and the flavor were simply amazing
Go ahead and try this Creamy Mac and Cheese, because it is:
- easy to prepare with step by step pictures
- great for leftover pasta
- super creamy
- kids friendly
- ready in under 15 minutes
What’s in this Mac and Cheese sauce
As I mentioned, this recipe is very traditional: just pasta and a cheese sauce.
Of course this means that the sauce is the most important part of the dish. To get the best combination of creaminess and flavor, you will need:
- vegan cream cheese
- butter (vegan)
- vegan cheddar and parmesan
- almond milk
What you need for this vegan Mac and Cheese
Apart from those ingredients, not much is left to add: pasta and some spices.
Make sure you have the following at hand:
- Macaroni noodles – this works perfectly with leftover pasta
- garlic powder
- onion powder
Optionally you can also add some smoked paprika.
How to make stove top Mac and Cheese
Start out with a large casserole or pot and melt vegan butter on low heat. Now add the vegan cheddar and also melt it while stirring all the time. Still on low heat – this is important!
When the cheddar and butter is combined to a smooth mix, stir in the vegan cream cheese. Then add plant milk and parmesan and combine everything to a smooth sauce.
Finally, give precooked macaroni to the pot, mix well, and season with salt and pepper (and optional smoked paprika). Heat everything for 5 minutes, then serve in bowl or on plates.
My Creamy Mac and Cheese makes such a perfect option for dinner, lunch, or meal prep that you can always count on.
It is especially amazing as a make ahead meal.
You can store it in the fridge for around 5 days, when covered with a lid on top.
Can I freeze this?
Yes you absolutely can! But before freezing it, please make sure it cools down properly.
Use an airtight container with a lid of choose freezer bags. It will stay fresh in the freezer for around 2 months.
You can even make a bigger batch, If you want to.
Love seeing all your remakes.
- 4 cups Macaroni (leftover is great, use gf if needed)
- 2 Tbs vegan butter
- 10 oz vegan cheddar, finely cut
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 batch Vegan Parmesan Cheese (3 ingredients, 1 min)
- 7 oz vegan cream cheese
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Start out with a large casserole or pot and melt vegan butter on low heat. Now add the vegan cheddar and also melt it while stirring all the time. Still on low heat - this is important!
- When the cheddar and butter are combined to a smooth mix, stir in the vegan cream cheese. Then add plant milk and parmesan and combine everything to a smooth sauce.
- Finally, give precooked macaroni to the pot, mix well, and season with salt and pepper (and optional smoked paprika). Heat everything for 5 minutes, then serve in bowl or on plates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1.5 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 564Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 11.4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12.6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 312mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 3.6gSugar: 13gProtein: 15g