This Creamy Peanut Pasta is vegan and gluten-free. Pasta mixed with fresh vegetables topped with a delicious peanut sauce makes this one of the most exciting vegan pasta recipes you can do in easy steps.
My exploration of the new city continues. Right before the rain washed out the weekend, I managed to stroll a bit through the center (and take care of interesting things like getting myself a new phone and figuring out where to find some household tools I needed).
During that time, I also passed by some market that had this enormous (at least compared to what I was used to) selection of nuts and nut products. If women are supposedly addicted to buying shoes, I’m addicted to shopping for nuts, nut butters, and so on.
And my hunt was successful enough that I went some with a nice assortment of my favorites – peanuts among them.
Back home right when the seemingly never-ending weekend rain began, I immediately started washing and chopping some vegetables:
I had leek, red pepper, white cabbage, green beans, and some bean sprouts. They would go into a mix with pasta that would then be topped by a delicious, creamy peanut sauce. For that I used 100% peanut butter (no extra ingredients), tamari, sesame oil, maple, and lemon juice.
Add some ginger and salt, and it’s done.
While the pasta was cooking, I fried the veggies in sesame oil. First time I used that (why didn’t I do this before?) and I liked it. I think it add a fine flavor to the food that goes very well with this dish.
I served this Creamy Peanut Pasta with the peanut sauce, extra herbs and more fresh roasted peanuts. So comforting! You’ll have to excuse me, I’m going to have my second portion now 😉
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 3 tbs peanut butter (from 100% peanuts)
- 2 Tbs sesame oil + more for the vegetables
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- ginger, salt to taste
- 2 Tbs tamari + more to taste
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
For the pasta:
- 8 oz (250 g) gluten-free pasta
- 1 handfull peanuts
- 15 oz (400 g) veggies (I used leek, red pepper, white cabbage, green beans, bean sprouts)
For the Peanut Sauce:
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and mix well until combined.
For the Pasta:
- Cook the pasta according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Wash and chop the vegetables of your choice.
- Heat the sesame oil in a saucepan and add the chopped vegetables. Fry the vegetables for about 8 minutes on medium to high heat.
- When the vegetables are done, remove them from the sauce pan with a slotted spoon so that the oil remains. Mix the veggies with the pasta.
- Serve with a good amount of the peanut sauce, some herbs, and extra peanuts.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4.3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5.5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 358mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 2.9gSugar: 1.1gProtein: 13g