This Leek and Potato Soup recipe is my answer to fall again. It takes only 4 vegan ingredients to complete this easy potato soup: potatoes, leek, almond milk, and a pear. You can add some toppings to your liking like chives, pecans or scallions. If you are looking for a vegan potato soup, look no further than my Leek and Potato Soup!
After my last recipe Skillet Potatoes I decided you can’t go wrong with more easy potato recipes for fall. This time it is a hearty Leek and Potato Soup – completely dairy-free as always.
Contentedness Cooking focuses on recipes with healthy and natural ingredients. Recipes that are easy to make. Those clean eating recipes are the key – as I had mentioned in my Roasted Cauliflower Tacos – to being healthy and to well being.
Please feel free to read it, I think you could identify with my friend Sabrina and her experiences. It’s never to late to make small changes to eat healthy and wholesome. Nutrition is the key to a better and fulfilling life.
Back to the Leek and Potato Soup: It takes only 4 ingredients – you know what I’m talking about.
These easy vegan recipes are so approachable and easy to make for everyone.
While the almond milk and potatoes add the right amount of creaminess and leek the richness to this Leek and Potato Soup recipe, the pear adds a fantastic hint of a lovely sweetness to this fall bowl of goodness.
If you leave out the optional pecans (good fat) this recipe is nearly fat-free. It contains only almond milk – packed full of good nutritions and naturally low in calories and fat.
I hope you are excited about my Leek and Potato Soup. It’s fall so go and grab a bowl of this delicious and wonderful new easy fall recipe.
For the Soup:
- 2 lbs (1 kg) Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 leeks, white and green parts
- 2 cups (480 ml) almond milk
- 1 pear, diced
- salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste
- pecans, chopped
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Wash the leek and cut off only the parts at the very ends. Chop the rest into max. inch-sized bits.
- Transfer the almond milk to a large sauce pan. Add the potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook the potatoes for about 10 minutes. Then add the leek and pear and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes. Check if potatoes are soft. If not, cook for a bit longer.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a bit. Transfer to a blender and process until smooth.
- Return the soup to the sauce pan and slowly reheat. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Serve with optional toppings like pecans, chives, scallions etc
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 398Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 84gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 770mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 4gSugar: 9.2gProtein: 7.6g