This Rice Dish is made with leftover rice, vegan ground beef crumbles, tomato sauce, hearty olives and jalapenoes. With crushed potato chips on top, it is a great casserole, absolutely tasty, something that the whole family will enjoy.
Rice is a staple in my house, because I love how versatile it can be used.
Everything comes together fuss free, because no matter if it is a big or small batch, it is just great to stick some in fridge.
Time does fly, friends. I tell you when it comes to baked rice this will be one that you will come back to, because this recipe has all the most amazing flavors and is seriously enjoyable.
I made it 3 times a week, because this is one of my favorites: the combination of the flavors, the texture and the preparation which is even easier than you might guess, all in this rice recipe.
Why this is the best Rice Dish
The flavors really shine through the dish: lots of flavors like oregano, smoked paprika and cumin.
The topping: breadcrumbs are great, but potato chips are better. Once you’ve tried it out you will totally agree, because for the flavor it couldn’t get any more amazing than this.
Step by step pictures show you that this Rice Dish not only tastes fantastic, but it is even easier to make at home.
Filling and satisfying, and ready in under 30 minutes.
What you need for this Rice Dish recipe
- Vegan beef crumbles
- Smoked paprika
- Olive oil
- Tomato paste
- Vegan cheese
- Tomato sauce
- Potato chips
How to make this baked Rice Dish
Preheat oven to 390°F and set a 8×11 inch casserole ready.
In a large pan, heat olive oil and add onions and garlic. Fry for 2 minutes, then also give the vegan ground beef to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes more.
Time to add tomato sauce, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, olives, jalapenos and cook for 4 minutes more. Mix in the precooked rice, season with a pinch of salt pepper, mix in half of the vegan cheddar shreds.
Transfer all into a casserole dish, top with the rest of the cheese and potato chips. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve in bowls or on plates.
Freezing and leftovers
Leftovers of the Rice Dish can be stored in fridge for 5 days.
For reheating I would keep in mind that you do it slowly, because it is better for the texture and potato chips.
For freezing, let always cool completely and thaw before reheating slowly as well. Frozen this Rice Dish will last for 3 months.
Other hearty meals to enjoy:
- 2 cups rice, cooked (1 cup, dried)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 10 oz vegan ground beef crumbles
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup onions, chopped
- 24 oz tomato sauce
- 4 oz black olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup jalapenoes, chopped
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 5 oz vegan cheddar, shredded
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/3 cup potato chips, crushed
- salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 390°F and set a 8x11 inch casserole ready.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and add onions and garlic. Fry for 2 minutes, then also give the vegan ground beef to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes more.
- Time to add tomato sauce, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, olives, jalapenos and cook for 4 minutes more. Mix in the precooked rice, season with a pinch of salt pepper, mix in half of the vegan cheddar shreds.
- Transfer all into a casserole dish, top with the rest of the cheese and potato chips. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve in bowls or on plates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1.5 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 520Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 233mgSodium: 783mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 8gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g