This Lemon Pasta is budget friendly, creamy, tangy and ready in just 10 minutes. So easy to make with simple ingredients, you wouldn’t believe it is vegan and you can do this with so little effort. Kids friendly, family approved a keeper with fresh flavor that the whole family will enjoy.
People ask often how do you add flavor to pasta? The answer is the ingredients and of course sauce!
If you are looking for more pasta dishes, keep inspired and use the search bar.
Why you should try this easy pasta recipe
Making this Lemon Pasta from scratch is even easier than you might think, because you get:
- step by step pictures: so you see and know each step beforehand and get the best result you deserve.
- impressive results thanks to the combination of using lemon juice and zest
- a meal on the table in 10 minutes using leftover, precooked pasta
My recipe is also budget friendly, and great for big batch cooking and meal prep.
What you need for this creamy Lemon Pasta
- cooked pasta (leftover is amazing)
- lemon juice
- lemon zest
- coconut milk
- olive oil
- vegan parmesan
How to make Lemon Pasta
In a skillet or casserole, heat olive oil. Add sliced garlic and fry for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice and zest. Repeat with the coconut milk, then bring to a cook again at medium heat for another minute.
Give the vegan parmesan to the sauce and stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
Finally add cooked pasta to the lemon sauce and cook for 4 minutes more. Serve on plates or in bowls.
Leftovers can be stored covered and will last for around 7 days.
Can I freeze Lemon Pasta?
Yes you can freeze this, but keep in mind to use leftover pasta that is just cooked al dente, which means the texture should be spot on, not over cooked.
When you do so, you can go straight ahead and freeze this lemon pasta after cooling in individual freezer bags or bigger airtight containers for around 4 months.
I recommend to thaw completely before reheating in a casserole on the stove. Do this on low heat and carefully increase to medium heat.
Alternatively you can use the oven. To do this, preheat to 170°F and warm lemon pasta slowly in an oven safe dish.
Last but not least add pasta to a microwave dish and make it warm in your microwave.
Variations for this recipe
Add herbs like, basil, parley or chives.
Use extra vegetables: like peas, spinach, broccoli, asparagus.
Show off your remakes, Florian.
- 4 cups pasta, cooked (use gf, if required)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup coconut milk full fat
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Vegan Parmesan (my recipe)
- salt, pepper to taste
- In a skillet or casserole, heat olive oil. Add sliced garlic and fry for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice and zest. Repeat with the coconut milk, then bring to a cook again at medium heat for another minute.
- Give the vegan parmesan to the sauce and stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finally add cooked pasta to the lemon sauce and cook for 4 minutes more. Serve on plates or in bowls.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 540Total Fat: 15.9gSaturated Fat: 1.3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9.8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 5.3gSugar: 1.2gProtein: 13g