This Lemon Pasta is budget-friendly, creamy, tangy and ready in just 10 minutes. So easy to make with simple ingredients, you wouldn’t believe it is vegan and you can do this with so little effort. Kids-friendly, family-approved a keeper with fresh flavor that the whole family will enjoy.
People ask often how do you add flavor to pasta? The answer is the ingredients and of course sauce!
If you are looking for more pasta recipes, keep inspired and use the search bar.
Why you should try this easy pasta recipe
Making this Lemon Pasta from scratch is even easier than you might think, because you get:
- step-by-step pictures: so you see and know each step beforehand and get the best result you deserve.
- impressive results thanks to the combination of using lemon juice and zest
- a meal on the table in 10 minutes using leftover, precooked pasta
My budget-friendly creamy Lemon Pasta recipe is perfect for meal prep and large batches. Learn to make a creamy lemon sauce without butter or heavy cream.
What you need for this creamy Lemon Pasta
- cooked pasta (leftover is amazing) but I recommend using long pasta
- fresh lemon juice
- lemon zest
- coconut milk
- fresh garlic
- extra virgin olive oil
- vegan parmesan cheese
How to make Lemon Pasta
If you do not have any leftover pasta, you can cook pasta in a large pot according to the package directions.
Firstly, heat olive oil in a large skillet or casserole. Add sliced garlic and fry for a minute on medium-heat heat. Then, remove the skillet from heat and stir in the lemon juice and zest. Repeat this step with the coconut milk, and then bring the skillet back to medium heat for another minute.
Give the vegan parmesan to the sauce and stir well. Season the sauce with salt and pepper according to your taste.
Finally, add the cooked pasta to the lemon sauce and cook for four more minutes. Once done, serve the Lemon Pasta on plates or in bowls, and sprinkle with dome fresh herbs, if you like.
Storage instructions and tips
If you have leftovers of the creamy Lemon Pasta, you can store them in an airtight container.
I recommend you let the pasta cool down to room temperature first. If you do this, the pasta will last for around 7 days.
If you cook pasta for this simple lemon pasta recipe, reserve some of the starchy pasta water. You can use it to thin the sauce if it becomes too thick,
Can I freeze Lemon Pasta?
Yes, you can freeze this, but keep in mind to use leftover pasta that is just cooked al dente, which means the texture should be spot on, not overcooked.
When you do so, you can go straight ahead and freeze this lemon pasta after letting it cool down to room temperature in individual freezer bags or bigger airtight containers. It will last like that for around 4 months.
I recommend thawing completely before reheating in a casserole on the stove. Do this on low heat and carefully increase to medium heat.
Alternatively, you can use the oven. To do this, preheat to 170°F and warm lemon pasta slowly in an oven-safe dish.
Last but not least add pasta to a microwave dish and make it warm in your microwave.
Variations for this Lemon Pasta recipe
Add herbs like, basil, parsley or chives.
Use extra vegetables: like peas, spinach, broccoli, and asparagus.
Show off your remakes, Florian.
- 4 cups pasta, cooked (use gf, if required)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup coconut milk full fat
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Vegan Parmesan (my recipe)
- salt, pepper to taste
- In a skillet or casserole, heat olive oil. Add sliced garlic and fry for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice and zest. Repeat with the coconut milk, then bring to a cook again at medium heat for another minute.
- Give the vegan parmesan to the sauce and stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finally add cooked pasta to the lemon sauce and cook for 4 minutes more. Serve on plates or in bowls.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 540Total Fat: 15.9gSaturated Fat: 1.3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9.8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 5.3gSugar: 1.2gProtein: 13g