I already brought you a number of amazing vegan burger recipes. My Vegan Black Bean Burger is a new addition to that list – one that you will love immediately. It’s juicy, it’s sweet, it’s spicy – more proof that vegan burgers are not bland or boring but mindblowingly good.
It’s time for another burger night, guys. As I told you many times before, I finally moved into my new house recently and after most of the settling in is done, it was about time for a house warming party with some new friends, and old ones who managed to come over.
What could be better than to celebrate with a new vegan burger recipe. After my big success with my Vegan Lentil Burger, one of my most popular easy recipes. The feedback I got really made my days – so if you haven’t tried my vegan lentil burger yet, you should give it a try. Patricia did it: “I have made just about every bean burger out there since I have been Vegan, but I have to say this Lentil is the best. I did have to alter it some as I did not have any raisins so I used dates and it is wonderful. BEST EVER! Thanks Contentedness Cooking”.
I think my new burger recipe won’t disappoint you. It’s an easy recipe as always – you need only 3 ingredients to make these patties: black beans, pumpkin seeds, and gluten-free breadcrumbs. I recommend to add 2 Tbs Mango Chutney to the patties – this gives them extra kick.
I bought my mango chutney at a local organic store (which was naturally vegan) to make sure only natural ingredients and no preservatives are added. Of course, you can also make your own.
When I made these Black Bean Burgers for my housewarming party, all my friends – vegan or not – devotedly loved them. So much that something unexpected happened on this night. I made a whole batch of these burgers – but they were not enough.
Because all my guests and friends just couldn’t stop eating them :). I had to make another batch. lucky me I had all the ingredients in my pantry and it was so easy to make to whip those patties together.
These burgers can be baked or fried, it’s up to you which method you prefer. I also would say if you put the mixture in the blender make sure not to blend the mixture to smooth, otherwise it could be muddy.
What can I say? These burgers are totally party approved while you have all the ingredients in your pantry it couldn’t be easier to make these. No gimmicks, no expensive ingredients, no need for going to several grocery stores – just fun to prepare and eat.
For the Black Bean Burger patties:
- 1 cup Black beans uncooked or two 14 oz cans of Black Beans
- 1/2 cup (65 g) Pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbs Mango chutney (optional)
- 1/2 cup (gf) breadcrumbs
- mango chutney
- Cook black beans, if you use uncooked ones.
- Combine black beans, pumpkin seeds, a pinch of salt and the (optional) mango chutney in a blender. Process until the beans have a rough texture. Do not over-process.
- Mix the breadcrumbs in and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Form patties from the mixture and either fry in the pan with a bit of your favorite oil (I can recommend coconut oil) or bake in the oven (preheated to 390°F/200°C) for about 20 minutes.
- Assemble the burgers on your bun of choice together with your favorite toppings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 476Total Fat: 9.9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7.1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 394mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 17gSugar: 6.2gProtein: 23g
The Vegan Black Bean Burger Elsewhere
- Finding Vegan – Recipe Feature: Vegan Black Bean Burgers – November 13, 2015