A new apple recipe is here just in time to celebrate my fall recipes. I think this situation is similar to everyone. I was restless at night craving a dessert but what dessert? It had to be something with apples, something sweet, but a bit lighter than my Easy Vegan Apple Cake which was the first attempt on my apple and fall recipes.
Something light, something easy to make – a new addition to the easy recipes. Craving a dessert at night is tough, because you are not prepared for this situation.
On the other hand, you have a craving. So I was lying there thinking what to do to complete my dessert recipes. Fall and apples… somehow the thought came along. The idea of a Baked Apples recipe was born.
This recipe – like all my other recipes – is so comforting, approachable and you can have it with you every day ingredients in your pantry.
The flavors are typical fall flavors and there is no surprise I will use here cinnamon, which is so comforting and cozy on a fall night like this. The Baked Apples are also made with coconut oil which makes sure to unfold its flavor profile with the other ingredients.
This apple recipe contain gluten-free oats but only 2 Tbs – so it is a low carb recipe, at the same it’s also as always vegan, gluten free. It’s totally nut free, so no worries about allergies or intolerance – simply make your dessert and enjoy.
If you try my Baked Apples recipe please make sure to score the apples which make sure the topping will hold on while baking.
I’m sure if you try my easy Baked Apples recipe you will fall in love it. It has all the flavors of fall, is easy, light, and satisfying without loss of any taste. You need it a little bit fancier?
No worries, go for it! Top this lovely dessert recipe with a homemade vegan vanilla or store-bought ice cream and enjoy this inviting and scrumptious dessert not only at night but also anytime you want or need. 🙂
- 2 to 3 apples
- 2 Tbs coconut oil + more for greasing the pan
- 2 tsp cinnamon divided
- 3 Tbs coconut Blossom sugar divided
- 2 Tbs gluten-free oats
- Preheat oven to 390°F/200°C.
- Peel the apples and remove the stem. Cut in halves, carefully cut into them.
- Grease a baking dish and add the apples. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 Tbs of coconut oil, 1 1/2 Tbs of the coconut blossom sugar, and 1 tsp cinnamon. Smear equally over the apples.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for about 10 minutes. Remove the foil, then bake for another 10 minutes. Let cool a bit.
- In the meantime, combine the oats and the remaining coconut oil, coconut sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Distribute on top of the apples, bake again for 10 to 15 minutes. Now enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 3.2gSaturated Fat: 1.9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 3.1gSugar: 32gProtein: 0.8g
The Baked Apples Elsewhere
- Finding Vegan – Recipe Feature: Baked Apples – November 9, 2015