This Veggie Fried Rice is so good! Made with simple ingredients and seriously the best and easiest fried rice you’ve ever made. All comes together in under 10 minutes really fast and no one would ever guess it is naturally vegan.
Here is what made me get excited about this recipe: I used leftover rice.
When I cook rice, I usually end up with too much of it. So this is a perfect way to make something really good with it and this vegetable fried rice comes together even faster. Plus it tastes better with cooked and cooled rice because it fries better than warm, freshly cooked one.
Why you should make this Veggie Fried Rice
There are many reasons why you should try this recipe. It is:
- super easy to make with simple ingredients
- full of flavor
- made with a stir fry sauce which takes this veg fried rice to another level
- perfect for leftover rice
- ready in under 10 minutes
And, as you all know, it comes with step-by-step instruction pictures!
What you need for this Vegetarian Fried Rice
Seriously, how easy can it be to treat yourself to an easy and delicious meal?
You need nothing more than:
- cooked rice
- stir fry sauce
- sesame oil
- mixed vegetables (I used carrots, onions, peas, bell pepper, and scallions)
How to make Veggie Fried Rice
Heat the sesame oil in a casserole or skillet. When hot, add onions, carrots, and bell pepper. Fry for around 5 minutes until the veggies begin to soften.
Then give the cooked rice to the mix, season with salt and pepper to taste. Finally add stir fry sauce and peas. Mix in scallions and serve on plates or in bowls.
It makes an fantastic and filling option for lunch, dinner, and even meal prep.
Tips and variations
To make it a bit more creamy, add 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (or almond butter). You can just mix it in the sauce in the pan.
If you want to add a bit of heat, I recommend a couple of tablespoons of my Red Curry Paste, so good. You can also try other vegetables like asparagus, cabbage, corn, broccoli, or cauliflower.
Pro tip for meal prep: You can make this veggie fried rice 3 days ahead and store in the fridge. I tried it even cold as a rice salad and found it was delicious.
Love seeing all your remakes!
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 batch Stir Fry Sauce
- 2 cups mixed vegetables, chopped (I used 1/2 cup carrots, red bell pepper, onions, peas, each)
- 1/4 cup scallions for garnish
- 1/4 cup Sesame oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- Heat the sesame oil in a casserole or skillet. When hot, add onions, carrots, and bell pepper. Fry for around 5 minutes until the veggies begin to soften.
- Then give the cooked rice to the mix, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally add stir fry sauce and peas. Mix in scallions and serve on plates or in bowls.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2 heaping cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 602Total Fat: 28.2gSaturated Fat: 4.1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22.5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 90.7gFiber: 5.6gSugar: 20.1gProtein: 8.4g