Dorito Taco Salad is made with vegan ground beef, lettuce, black beans, olives and tomatoes, covered in a Catalina dressing. This Taco Salad comes together really fast and the whole family will enjoy it.
This is such a great Taco Salad recipe that is amazing for many occasions: potlucks, BBQs, get togethers, parties. You can be sure this salad will never disappoint you.
Pretty basic, but yet so impressive and rich in flavor. A keeper that comes together in around 15 minutes.
Why you know you will love this Dorito Taco Salad
Doritos: I have to admit sweet chili is my flavor, because I really like combination of sweetness and spiciness, so good.
Black beans and vegan ground beef crumbles are always here for a pretty darn texture.
Step by step pictures make everything so visually easy to prepare. You won’t believe how fast it can be to prepare something great.
What you need for Dorito Taco Salad recipe
- Vegan ground beef
- Olive oil
- Taco seasoning
- Vegan cheddar
- Black beans
- Catalina dressing
How to make Dorito Taco Salad
In a frying pan, heat olive oil and add onions, garlic, vegan ground beef, and taco seasoning. Cook for about 5 minutes, then set aside.
Get a large mixing bowl and give the lettuce, vegan cheddar, olives, tomatoes, olives, tortilla chips, avocados to it.
Add the taco meat from the frying pan.
Finally mix in Catalina dressing and serve in bowls or on plates.
Tips and tricks
Leftovers will keep fresh in the fridge for 3 days but the tortilla chips will get soft.
Make ahead: you can layer this Dorito Taco Salad in advance. Start with vegan ground beef crumbles, followed by tomatoes and olives. Use lettuce on top and finally black beans, cheddar and half of your dressing. Use remainder just before serving and add tortilla chips.
What to serve with this Dorito Taco Salad
- 10 oz vegan ground beef
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup onions, diced
- 14 oz iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 tsp Taco seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 big handful Doritos, lightly crushed (use gf, if preferred)
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 3/4 cup vegan cheddar, shredded
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Catalina dressing
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil and add onions, garlic, vegan ground beef, and taco seasoning. Cook for about 5 minutes, then set aside.
- Get a large mixing bowl and give the lettuce, vegan cheddar, olives, tomatoes, olives, tortilla chips, avocados to it.
- Add the taco meat from the frying pan.
- Finally mix in Catalina dressing and serve in bowls or on plates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1.5 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 435Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 343mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 7gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g