This Paprikash is the ultimate comfort food that comes together in under 20 minutes, is vegan, made with simple ingredients and so satisfying. Serve it plain, over pasta or rice and you know it is a keeper. Even pickiest kids or hubbies will want a second plate in no time.
For me, comfort food is something that I always want to eat. Simply, I just love to eat.
Yes for me, it is not just about being full, it is an enjoyable experience. This is why I always come back to my favorites like this Mujadara, the Eggplant Lasagna, the Cacio e Pepe, or my Sweet and Sour Cauliflower.
If you are looking for more ideas, use the search bar and keep all the good thing coming for you and your family. Because you always deserve the best and that’s what I’m here for.
Why you want to make this Paprikash
It is so easy, impressive, creamy and rich in flavor has everything that one dish should be:
- easy to prepare with step-by-step pictures
- rich in flavor, but low in effort
- simple ingredients
- creamy and satisfying
- versatile to serve over all your favorite things like rice, pasta, quinoa, potatoes
- family favorite
- seriously the best comfort food
What you need for this Paprikash recipe
I am amazed by how few ingredients are needed for making this tasty dish.
Make sure you have the following ready to go:
- vegan chicken bites
- bell pepper
- diced tomatoes
- vegan butter
- vegan sour cream
- smoked paprika
How to make Paprikash
In a skillet or casserole, heat vegan butter until melted. Add vegan chicken, season with smoked paprika and fry for around 5 minutes. Take out about 1/3 cup for serving.
Now add the diced onions, garlic and bell pepper to the remaining vegan chicken and fry for around 3 minutes.
Finally add diced tomatoes, vegan sour cream, and season with salt and pepper. Reduce to medium heat and let simmer for an extra 3 minutes. Serve in bowls or on plates, plain or over pasta, with the reserved fried vegan chicken on top.
It makes such a fantastic easy meal for lunch, dinner, meal prep with an amazing Paprikash sauce that you might just to drink up, so good.
Tips and tricks
If you want to give your dish a personal touch, you can absolutely do so.
Try adding different herbs like basil, parsley or chives.
Instead of vegan sour cream, you can add a splash of coconut milk.
Make ahead: you can make this Paprikash the night before and it will last properly stored for around 4 days in the fridge.
Love seeing all your remakes.
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- 1.5 cups vegan chicken pieces
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp vegan sour cream
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- salt, pepper to taste
- In a skillet or casserole, heat vegan butter until melted. Add vegan chicken, season with smoked paprika and fry for around 5 minutes. Take out about 1/3 cup for serving.
- Now add the diced onions, garlic and bell pepper to the remaining vegan chicken and fry for around 3 minutes.
- Finally add diced tomatoes, vegan sour cream, and season with salt and pepper. Reduce to medium heat and let simmer for an extra 3 minutes. Serve garnished with the reserved vegan chicken.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2.5 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 480Total Fat: 12.2gSaturated Fat: 4.1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6.5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 344mgCarbohydrates: 8.6gFiber: 1.2gSugar: 1.4gProtein: 80.2g