Steak Fries are easy to make, delicious, crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. This is seriously the only steak fries recipe that you will need. Enjoy our best steak seasoning with each and every bite flavor. These baked fries are a keeper.
You can also simply serve them up with ketchup or mayo, yum.
What are Steak Fries
Steak fries vs French fries
Steak fries are cut into wedges and thicker than French fries.
Often, Steak Fries are also fried like French fries, but I do bake mine. I find this makes the preparation even easier.
Reasons to love these Steak Fries
Sometimes it can be hard to find a steak seasoning so we make ours from scratch. And just let me tell you this is equally delicious to Montreal steak seasoning.
Learn the best method for making fries and that is after testing in and out which I also use in my Cajun Fries. Also it is actually a really easy method that you can use for any fries you will be making in the future.
Baked and not fried, so that is even easier, because the oven will do all the work.
What you need for this Steak Fries recipe
Potatoes: I like to use russet potatoes which in my gusto makes the best fries texture wise.
Steak seasoning: I combine garlic, onion, chili powder, cumin and oregano.
I find olive oil most delicious, but you can use any other oil. Just know the result can be a bit different.
How to make Steak Fries
Preheat your oven to 415F.
Wash and clean your potatoes under tab water, but leave the skin on.
Cut potatoes into wedges.
Fill a bowl with water, add potato wedges and let them sit for around 20 minutes. This will release the starch and leads to an amazing texture in the final result.
After soaking it is important that you use kitchen towels to remove any liquid from your potatoes.
In a large bowl, combine fries with garlic, onion, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, olive oil.
Distribute the fries evenly on a baking sheet and bake for around 30 minutes.
Then flip the fries once Bake for 30 minutes more. After baking season properly with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
Tips and tricks
Fries are indeed best immediately served, but you can freeze them for 3 months. Add them to a freezer bag or container.
You can reheat in a preheated oven at 415F and bake them for a couple of minutes until desired result is reached.
It is really important that you dry your wedges properly, because that makes sure the seasoning can stick to the potatoes for an amazing flavor.
- 3 lb potatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 415F.
- Clean your potatoes under water, leave the skin on. Cut potatoes into wedges.
- Fill a bowl with water, add potato wedges and let them rest for around 20 minutes. It will release all the starches and help giving an amazing texture in the result.
- After resting it is important that you use kitchen towels to make sure to remove all liquid from your potatoes, so that In the next step the seasoning really sticks to the them.
- In a bowl combine fries with garlic, onion, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, olive oil.
- Add potato wedges on a baking sheet and bake for around 30 minutes, then flip them.
- Bake for 30 minutes more. After baking season with a generous pinch salt and pepper.
- Fries are indeed best immediately served, but you can freeze them for 3 months. Add them to a freezer bag or container.
- You can reheat in a preheated oven at 415F and bake them until desired crispness is reached.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 487Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 192mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 8gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g