Orzo Salad is an everyday salad recipe. Made with chickpeas, tomatoes, olives, amazing seasonings and of course orzo. Super easy to make and ready in 15 minutes, this will be a keeper that tastes great any day. I tell you since I made this Orzo Salad for the first time, I have been making it so often, because I really can’t get enough of it. It is seriously the only orzo salad recipe that you will need and you will always come back to.
What you need need for this Orzo Salad recipe
Orzo is a pasta in the shape similar to that of rice.
The salad comes with a vinaigrette made from olive oil for the intense flavor, and balsamic vinegar for a great tang.
Seasonings: chili flakes, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika. As you can see, I like to use all of them to make all the flavors pop.
I use fresh garlic, but you can use powder. Red onions give great flavor, but are milder than yellow or white onions. That gives a great contrast to all the other ingredients.
Chickpeas are always delicious, budget friendly in many dishes, like my Sweet Potato Curry.
Cucumbers, tomatoes and bell peppers make everything so fresh, and crunchy.
Olives are my favorite and I use black olives, because of its great savory and intense flavor.
Vegan feta for creaminess and saltiness. Who doesn’t love feta?
How to make Orzo Salad
Cook orzo according to the package directions. If you have some ready, skip this step.
In a large mixing bowl combine diced bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, chickpeas, red onions, garlic, chili flakes, smoked paprika, cumin, olives, feta, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and orzo. Season with a pinch salt of pepper.
Serve and enjoy the Orzo Salad.
Tips and tricks
You keep leftovers of the Orzo Salad in the fridge for around 4 days.
Instead of oregano you can use parsley or mint.
I cut my tomatoes and remove the pulp. This way they won’t get mushy. In my gusto this taste so much better.
Other salad recipes to try
- 1 cup orzo
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1 15 oz chickpeas
- 1/2 cucumber, finely diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 5 oz vegan feta, cubed
- salt, pepper to taste
- Cook orzo according to the package directions . If you have som ready, go to the next step.
- Use a large mixing bowl and add bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, chickpeas, red onions, garlic, chili flakes, smoked paprika, cumin, olives, feta, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and orzo.
- Season with a pinch salt of pepper. Mix and enjoy.
- Store the Orzo Salad in a fridge for around 4 days.
- Use parsley or mint instead of oregano.
- I recommend removing the pulp from the tomatoes before dicing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1.5 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 371Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 345mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 11gSugar: 2gProtein: 19g