This Sweet and Sour Sauce is ready in 5 minutes and so versatile: for spring rolls, as marinate, for veggies and dipping. It also adds even more flavors to stir fry recipes. No one would ever believe how easy it is to make with pantry staples and at the same time you can’t taste it is naturally vegan.
If you are looking for more easy recipes that the whole family will eat, my kitchen is always open for you.
Use the search bar and keep coming back for more.
Why you should try this Sweet and Sour Sauce
Not only for stir fries but also for marinates and as dip, it is good to have a amazing sauce that gives everything its flavors. My Sweet and Sour sauce is what we all need!
- easy to prepare with step-by-step pictures
- ready with minimal preparation for maximum result
- budget friendly
- tastes better than any store bought
What you need for this recipe:
Not a lot of hassle with this sauce. Just make sure you have the following simple ingredients at hand:
- pineapple juice
- cornstarch +water
- ketzap manis
- rice vinegar
How to make homemade Sweet and Sour Sauce
Go ahead and add pineapple juice, ketchup, ketzap manis, and rice vinegar to a pot and bring slowly to a boil. Let cook for 1 minute on medium heat.
Mix water with cornstarch in a small bowl then add mixture into the pot whole stirring with a wire whisker. Let the sauce thicken to its desired consistency, then remove from heat.
Finally let it cool down a bit, and give the sauce in an airtight container.
Use immediately or store for later. With a lid on top it will keep fresh for 1 week. This is great and so handy, I suggest you make easily double or triple batches to store in the fridge when you need even more.
This is such a great condiment for dinner, lunch, or make ahead meals, to which you want to add more flavor.
Marinate or dipping is also great, because the flavors compliment many food items. You can play around and simple enjoy at any time when you want.
Other sauces that you definitely want to try:
- Fry Sauce – after trying this you don’t want to eat just ketchup with your fries. It is seriously so delicious and super easy to make.
- Awesome Sauce – this sauce is just awesome as it is called. And it tastes so good with sweet potatoes or vegetables fried or baked.
- Yum Yum Sauce – I often have leftover pasta and this is one of my favorite sauces to used my pasta with.
If you try this Sweet and Sour Sauce, tag me on Instagram or Facebook.
Love seeing all your remakes.
- 1 cup pinneaple juice
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup ketzap manis
- 2 tsp cornstarch (mixed with 4 tsp water)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- Add pineapple juice, ketchup, ketzap manis, and rice vinegar to a pot and bring slowly to a boil. Let cook for 1 minute on medium heat.
- Mix water with cornstarch in a small bowl then add mixture into the pot whole stirring with a wire whisker. Let the sauce thicken to its desired consistency, then remove from heat.
- Finally let it cool down a bit, and give the sauce in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 0.5 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 319mgCarbohydrates: 41.1gFiber: 0.1gSugar: 15.2gProtein: 0.4g