Vegetable Spaghetti is an amazing way to use up leftover vegetables. You can make this Vegetable Spaghetti recipe with almost any vegetables, and everything gets saucy in a tasty tomato sauce and garnished with some olives. It is a keeper, because everything taste so fresh, delicious and is cheap and easy to make at home.
Reasons to love this Vegetable Spaghetti
You can use any vegetables. Whatever you have in your garden, fridge, or pantry, now is the time to use them.
Everything comes together so flavorful, easy, cheap and delicious.
You will love that we top the final result with some olives, so good.
What is Vegetable Spaghetti made of?
These are the ingredients that you will need:
Spaghetti: you can cook them while making the sauce. Any pasta will work greatly, but I find spaghetti best.
As vegetables I use eggplant, zucchini, carrots, bell peppers and onions.
Olive oil adds a more robust and amazing savory flavor, yummy.
Garlic, smoked paprika and crushed pepper make a wonderful seasoning.
Finally, olives add another layering of flavor. I use them to add them to the final result. You can use black or kalamata olives.
How to make Vegetable Spaghetti
Cook spaghetti according to the package directions.
To make vegetarian sauce, heat olive oil in a pan. Then add diced onions, garlic, zucchinis, eggplants, carrots, and bell peppers. Cook them for around 10 minutes.
Next add in tomato sauce, smoked paprika with crushed pepper. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes more and finally add in olives.
At this point spaghetti should be done. Drain them and add them to sauce combine. Serve on plates or in bowls.
Tips and tricks
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for around 4 days.
Use parmesan for an amazing cheesy flavor. Either homemade like Vegan Parmesan Cheese (3 ingredients, 1 min) or use your favorite.
For the sauce you can also use diced tomatoes, but the texture will be more on the chunkier side.
What other vegetables can I add to spaghetti?
As you can see this Vegetable Spaghetti recipe is so flexible. Practically you can use what ever vegetables floats your boat:
- Butternut squash
Other vegetarian pasta recipes to try
- Chickpea Pasta
- Garlic Pasta
- Pea Pasta
- Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
- Spinach Pasta
- Zucchini Pasta
- Lemon Pasta
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 1/2 cup eggplant
- 1/2 cup zucchini
- 1/3 cup carrots,
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1/3 cup onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp Crushed pepper
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup olives
- salt, pepper to taste
- Add a pinch of salt to your pot with water and bring to a boil. Put your spaghetti into the water and cook them according the package directions.
- In a large pan, heat up olive oil. When hot, add diced onions, garlic, zucchinis, eggplants, carrots, and bell peppers. Cook them for around 10 minutes.
- Next add in tomato sauce, smoked paprika, and crushed pepper. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes. Then finally add in olives.
- Finally, drain the spaghetti and serve them with the vegetable sauce.
- Use some vegan parmesan for a fantastic cheesy flavor and I link above in my recipe for my homemade version if you are looking to make it super easy at home.
- You can also use diced tomatoes for the sauce for a chunkier texture
- Here are some inspirations what delicious vegetables you can also use for this spaghetti recipe: mushrooms, asparagus, corn, tomatoes, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, butternut squash .
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 587mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 7gSugar: 5gProtein: 8g